IT IS RECOMMENDED TO AVOID:
- Food products and drinks that are strongly coloured, as this can lead to permanent discolouration of the splint.
- Eating or drinking hot beverages without removing the splints.
- Smoking in the aligners - this is not permitted as it can cause staining or discolouration of the aligners.
- Chewing gum while wearing the aligners as it can stick to the aligners. Chewing gum can exacerbate the tooth mobility that is natural during orthodontic treatment.
- High temperatures - splints should not be exposed to high temperatures as this may cause permanent deformation of the material and have a negative impact on their healing qualities.